Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Aztec Warrior





Okay so I have very big legs and thought I could never pull off a tribal print legging but I saw them at an amazing deal (70% off clearance!!) and decided to try them on and voila! They didn't look bad all, in fact they looked pretty darn cute! Its really all about trying stuff on. I tell most women to just try it on and if you hate it, you hate it! Who cares?! At least if you tried it on you know for a fact it doesn't look good instead of just assuming it wont it. And who knows it might look amazing on you, you will never know unless you try it on! 

That jean vest was really an old jean jacket that didn't fit me anymore so what I did was found some gold studs and put them on the front and on the back of the jacket then cut off the sleeves. After I found that gold tiger iron-on press at Micheal's for 10 bucks and put it on the back of the vest for a finished look. You don't always have to go to Goodwill to find DIY projects sometimes they are right in your own closets! 

Jean vest: DIY $15
Leggings: Pacsun (Feb. 2013) $9
Shoes: Target (Aug. 2012) $35  [Also shown in Western Wear]
Necklace: Charlotterusse (Feb. 2013) $13
Tank: Forever21 (Old) $5

Total: $77


17 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely OBSESSED with tribal print leggings! I haven't bought any because I have bigger legs too but I think I might go get some now! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lilly! I am obsessed with tribal print leggings as well so that's why it was so awesome to find a pair that I liked and that look good on my bottom heavy frame. but I would have never known that if it weren't for me getting over my fear of looking fat in a print and actually trying it on! Now I have so many outfits for these leggings, I can't stop wearing them!!

      --MiMi

      Delete
  2. Very nice outfit!
    Kisses, A.

    http://fashionpilule.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I love your page btw! :]

      --MiMi

      Delete
  3. At first I was only reading the first sentence and after I looked at the picture and thuaght are you kidding me she looks amazing in those leggings. hahaha and after I did read the rest of the text and I was like good girl :)

    I love the leggins on you. Maybe I will try some too you inspired me.

    xoxo, Daniela
    http://bussikatzl.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! You just made my week! All I want is to inspire and help women go beyond their comfort zone and show the person that they are on the inside, out!

      Thank so much for all the nice words and I'm definitely gonna check out your blog!

      --MiMi

      Delete
  4. Girl-SO CUTE. Love the outfit, especially the leggings. Where are some good places to buy those? I've seen them no where! :'(

    http://beautifulfreaks17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well first off, thank you so much for the kind words! You are such a doll! :]

      Second, I found mine at pacsun but the closet I found were these
      http://www.loveculture.com/Item/ItemDetailView.aspx?StyleId=1000005789
      at Love Culture for 15 bucks

      Hope this helps!
      --MiMi

      Delete
    2. No problem Mimi! Thanks for subscribing to my blog, it means so much! Also thank you for the link. Checking it out now! One more thing, I am adding you to my circles! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! <3

      Delete
  5. loving the necklace!
    http://rachwillow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I've always wanted one but didn't know what color to get because you know they come in every color of the rainbow! haha so I settled for this color and turns out it goes great with a lot of the stuff I own so yay!

      --MiMi

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. I love this outfit! Great for this season. Your necklace is gorgeous and the jean vest looks absolutalle gorgeous as well!
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    http://vidathings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much pretty lady! I appreciate the complements :]

      --MiMi

      Delete
  7. I ADORE the tribal print leggings! Just bought a pair for myself from a different store, but I can't believe they're only $9 at Pacsun!! You look lovely! Xx

    http://carolinaelizafashionandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Girl! I was so shocked at the price too so thats why I had to get them!

    --MiMi

    ReplyDelete